Monday, March 22, 2010

Verizon DSL Speed Test: Part 2

FiOS is now installed and tested by the tech. I might add the tech I had was very informative and great.

Now on with the tests... Note: I should be getting 15mb down / 5mb up.

FiOS Speed Test 1, Java Based, Using 'Test speed to Los Angeles, Ca, USA' via LinkLine.net

FiOS Speed Test 2, Flash Based, Using 'Test speed to Los Angeles, Ca, USA' via LinkLine.net

The Flash Test was horrible, I got a better rating from the Java. I've also heard that the Flash Speed tests are sometimes not reliable. So I will try another speed test via http://www.speedtest.net/ which is were the tech went to to test and check the speed.

FiOS Speed Test 3, Flash Based, Using 'Test speed to Los Angeles, Ca, USA' via Dreamhost.com

Wow, that other one gave me a faster speed than I should be getting. Just for shits and giggles I ran two more tests roughly 5 minutes apart.

Test # 3.2

Test # 3.3

All in All I am satisfied with the speed tests, now on with the file download. This is the same file from the same location as before.

Approximate Download Speed at Begining of Download
5.7 MB/s - 46.5 MB of 75.6 MB, 5 secs left

The download of the 75.6 mb file took less than a minute. So I will have to say that yea, the different is huge, from 14 minutes to less than 1 minute. Fantastic.

No comments: