Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Original Post was from back in 2005, I didn't get a chance to see the month as I deleted it then went back to it from another Tab that was open in Chrome. Enjoy. My daughter jessie sits down to color with her new Erasable Colored Pencils. Karen and I are sitting watching tv. The conversation jessie has with herself and somewhat talking to us.

Jessie: "What? there's no white pencil in this."
Me: "Baby girl, you dont need white, your drawing on white paper."
Jessie: "But I need to make clouds!!! and I can't do it with out white"
Me: "but you dont need it, you can use another color and make an outline of a cloud."
Jessie: "No, I need white, Clouds are white."
(This went on for about 5 mins. until I gave in... I just couldnt explain it enough that when drawing on White paper, one does not need White.")

I turn and look at karen and we both smiled and laughed, As karen said "Oh the joys of childhood dilemmas.

No comments: