Monday, July 04, 2005

Comet Hunting!

Click for a Larger viewDeep Impact Kicks Off Fourth of July With Deep Space Fireworks
After 172 days and 431 million kilometers (268 million miles) of deep space stalking, Deep Impact successfully reached out and touched comet Tempel 1.

The mission was a success, Although I was still not able to go out and view it myself, I got home late last night and logged on to Space.com and Nasa.gov to check out any information on how the mission went. The shots are stunning, and spectacular. I know more or less that they have shots and information that they will not release as of yet, so I wait for more information about the mission.

Here are some links for photos and information they have.
Deep Impact Full Story & Main Site (JPL)
Deep Impact Latest News
Deep Impact Lastest Photos

Image credit: NASA/JPL-Caltech/UMD

No comments: