Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Interesting XP Pro SP2 issue... part 3

Well, had that chat with Dell, pretty much what I did was what they wanted me to try. So the guy eventually told me to just do a repair Windows through the Resource cd that came with the laptop. Which is something I was planning anyways. So, I went and tried it... and it finished a few mintues ago. Now Im putting in drivers for it. But for what its worth it fix the issue. But now Im left thinking that theres still something wrong. because during the fix a few files had an issue with copying over. So I will try to copy them over in a few minutes after the drivers are done. (Drivers are fun to install when the Driver CD doesn't have the Drivers.) Ok.. Got the driver shorted out, went to dell.com and got it from there.

Windows repair was good, with the execption of the drivers being reinstalled, never the less no message box stating invalid product key. But my cuirosity gets to me, I want to check the product key and see if I can change it, and If I can successfully I'd want to update to SP2 again. just for shits and giggles to see if it will encounter the same issue or not. I did notice that the Product Key (press windows key + Pause/Break, to see yours, it shows up under Registered to: information, i.e. xxxxx-xxx-xxxxxxx-xxxxx) is different than what it was. but Im not sure if I want to try update it to sp2, but I want to see what it does damn it. Screw it. (goes to update OS)...

More in a few ...

No comments: